Terms and Conditions
This web site is owned and operated by Zubaan, an imprint of Kali for Women.
How to contact us
128 B, First Floor
New Delhi - 110016 INDIA.
Tel: +91-11-26494613, 26494617 and 26494618.
In purchasing an item from www.zubaanbooks.com you (The User) are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions listed below. Zubaan reserves the right to add, delete, alter or modify these terms and conditions at any time. The User is therefore advised to read carefully these terms and conditions each time he or she uses the shopping service(s) of Zubaan.
All products/services and information displayed on zubaanbooks.com constitute an "invitation to offer". Your order for purchase constitutes your "offer" which shall be subject to the terms and conditions as listed below. Zubaanbooks.com reserves the right to accept or reject your offer. The agreement between you and the zubaanbooks.com shall be subject to the following terms and conditions: -
- The User certifies that he/she is at least 18 (eighteen) years of age or has the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- These terms and conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings, or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with any other terms of any order submitted. By using the Shopping services of Zubaan you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- All prices, unless indicated otherwise are in INR or USD, depending on your country of access. Credit card payments, using CCAvenues, will be made in INR. For Users outside India, the USD amount will be converted to the INR amount on a formula based on an average of the prevalent forex norms. While Zubaan will make a sincere effort to have the forex conversion rate as recent as possible, there might be instances where the conversion rate is not to the second. In such cases, rest assured that the difference between the current and the applied conversion rate will be very minor.
- Every online transaction will include (along with the specified product cost) shipping and handling costs, banking charges and any other incidental costs incurred in the process of delivering the product from the source to the User. An extra transaction cost will be levied on the User for Credit card transactions
- All prices and availability of products are subject to change without prior notice at the sole discretion of Zubaan.
- Zubaan reserves the right to refuse or cancel any order placed for a product that is listed at an incorrect price. This shall be regardless of whether the order has been confirmed and/or payment been levied via credit card. In the event the payment has been processed by zubaanbooks.com the same shall be credited to your credit card account and duly notified to you by email/
- In a credit card transaction, you must use your own credit card. Zubaan will not be liable for any credit card fraud. The liability to use a card fraudulently will be on the user and the onus to 'prove otherwise' shall be exclusively on the user.
- Any request for cancellations of orders once duly placed on the site, shall not be entertained.
- In the event that a non-delivery occurs on account of a mistake by you ( i.e. wrong name or address) any extra cost incurred by Zubaan for redelivery shall be claimed from the User placing the order.
- Zubaan shall not be liable for any delay / non-delivery of purchased goods by the vendors, trade organisation/s, manufacturers / shop etc. (vendors), flood, fire, wars, acts of God or any cause that is beyond the control of Zubaan
- The User agrees to use the services provided by Zubaan, its affiliates, consultants and contracted companies, for lawful purposes only.
- The User agrees to provide authentic and true information. Zubaan reserves the right to confirm and validate the information and other details provided by the User at any point of time. If upon confirmation such User details are found not to be true (wholly or partly), Zubaan has the right in its sole discretion to reject the registration and debar the User from using the Services of zubaanbooks.com Shopping, and / or other affiliated websites without prior intimation whatsoever.
- Zubaan will not be responsible for any damage suffered by users from use of the services on this site. This without limitation includes loss of revenue/data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, missed deliveries, or service interruptions as may occur because of any act / omission of the vendor. This disclaimer of liability also applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behaviour, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
- The User expressly agrees that the use of service(s) zubaanbooks.com is at the User's sole risk. The Service(s) of zubaanbooks.com is provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. Zubaan, its affiliates, employees, agents, consultants, contracted companies make no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the service it is providing or as to the results that may be obtained from use of the Service, or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information, service, or merchandise provided through this Service.
- This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the applicable laws of India. The Courts at Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any proceedings arising out of this agreement.
Changes to these Conditions of Use